Services for Maynard Residents
Maynard Rental Assistance Program - Applications Now Being Accepted
Applications are currently being accepted for the Maynard Rental Assistance Program (MRAP). MRAP is sponsored by the Maynard Affordable Housing Trust, and provides $500 monthly rental assistance payments, in the form of a grant, to four selected eligible households residing in Maynard, Massachusetts.
Rental assistance for selected households is anticipated to begin June 1, 2023 and will continue for up to thirty-six months (3 years) subject to recertification of income and rent every 12 months. Payments are made directly to the property landlord/owner.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Current residents of Maynard with a current lease or tenant agreement
- Households that own any real estate property, or who are receiving any tenant-based rental assistance from a local, state or federal program (Section 8, MRVP, Housing Authority) do NOT qualify
- Households whose income is below the listed limits
The maximum rent to be considered for benefit is the following:
1 Bedroom: $2,198, 2 Bedroom: $2,635, 3 Bedroom: $3,207, 4 Bedroom: $3,540
Other Program Requirements:
- Landlord and applicant must provide self-certification the unit is in satisfactory condition
- Participation agreements must be executed between the Affordable Housing Trust, the applicant/tenant and the landlord
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2023 by 5:00pm. Applications will be selected by way of a lottery to be held April 25, 2023.
MRAP is funded through Maynard's Municipal Affordable Housing Trust and is administered by the Regional Housing Services Office.
For questions, you may contact Jenicia Pontes at 978-287-1091 or JenP@rhsohousing.org