Eviction Help

Each of the state's Housing Courts has a Housing Specialist Department to help tenants and landlords reach an agreement and connect with services in the community. The department's phone numbers are:

  • For Acton and Maynard: Northeast Housing Court in Lowell and Lawrence at (978) 689-7833 ext.502-1068
  • For Bedford, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, and Weston: Northeast Housing Court in Woburn at (978) 825-4920
  • For Sudbury and Wayland: Central Housing Court in Marlborough at (508)-831-2050

If you are being evicted, Greater Boston Legal Services has an online form to help you explain your case to your landlord and the court. It is called the Massachusetts Defense for Eviction (MADE)

Metrowest Mediation Services offers free help for landlords and tenants to resolve problems outside the court system.

If you are at least age 60 and from the towns of Acton, Bedford, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, or Maynard, you may ask for help from Greater Boston Legal Services staff by calling 617-603-1700.